Sunday, May 3, 2009

Pipes


When my boss mentioned her landlord, Rich, and that he repaired old organs, I knew I had to get a shot of that. Of course, I have no idea how it ever came up at work, but that's as may be.

Anyways, I met Rich at his place down in the city. And it was the darndest thing I think I've ever seen--an entire house full of nothing but old organs (some of the pipe variety, and some of....the other kind), salvaged because he didn't want them to get trashed. And I can't say I blame him. After getting up close with a bunch of them, and seeing how much there is to one of these things, I don't know why anyone would want to trash them in the first place.

All the specifics of this stuff has slipped my mind. Maybe I'll take notes in the future? We'll see. But I did learn a lot, be sure of that. So the first picture is Rich in front of his "first love." Not his favorite, though. Well, I think it is, but you can't say that too loud in front of the other organs. I know how it is. I try not to play favorites with my guitars, but it can be hard sometimes.

The second picture, below, is here because, well, I couldn't play favorites, and I liked it as much as the shot up top. I think it works well. Rich isn't totally out of shape from the fish-eye, and the pipes are, but in a cool way. So we all win!

And yes, all the verbage means that this is easily my favorite shoot so far. But the others have, of course, been good too, and, well, there I go playing favorites.

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment