Sunday, August 9, 2009

Street Scenes






I'm going to be out of town for a couple weeks pretty soon, so I figured I'd go for the gusto with this post. If all goes well, I'll be coming back with a whole mess of pictures, though, so it should be worth the wait.

Anyways, I went down to the Loop on Saturday, and set about doing this project the way I had sort of originally intended, based on a project I came across called '100 Strangers.' The idea was to just find people on the street and take portraits of them where they were. So I did that, more or less. Some of them I can't use yet, because they're for something else. But you can get some of them now. The first is a dude busking* out in front of Vintage Vinyl. The bikers were shot 'from the hip.' I didn't really compose the shot, nor was the camera even in front of my face. I like the crookedness. I liked the background of the mosaic-y thing, so I just waited for people to pass in front of it. I was on my way back and happened across a couple handing out FREE KITTENS. Will power was tested, to be sure. I was lucky that Grace, seen in the last image, was there. She was nice enough to pose for me, and it helped me think of something non-kitten. I should note that her glasses are pretty boss.

So I have a few more from the session that are of the same ilk. I'll probably post them later this week.

Dave


*such a great word

1 comment:

  1. boss is another pretty great word. nice shots. --pop

    ReplyDelete