Thursday, February 11, 2010

Roller Derby Players




I asked Magnum (the fellow in the first shot) what the guys who play roller derby call themselves (since the gals are roller girls, I assumed there was similar nomenclature for the guys). Turns out there isn't, and after a few minutes of discussion, this is what was settled on. I thought about using a pun, but decided not to.

So yeah. We've got ourselves male roller derby here in St. Louis now--the GateKeepers. I went to their practice last night, and got these shots after practice. I did a lot more tinkering with these than usual, but I think it worked out pretty well. The green overlay is pretty close to the team color, which is why I picked it.

And more shots are up over on my flickr page, so go check them out! And if you want to see the GateKeepers play, their first bout is on March 20.

Dave

3 comments:

  1. Bouts? Yikes. Where do these bouts take place? Nice work, like always. I like player no. 2's, er, collar, too. Yea ... won't be messin' with him soon. --Pop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and the flickr gallery ... veeeerrry cool, oh, yea, cool schtuff. --Pop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful!
    I love the guy and girl together in the flickr gallery.

    -Kristen

    ReplyDelete