Sunday, December 6, 2009

Tattoo You, pt. 2




I guess today is subtle tattoo day.

First is Kristen (I DID take a picture of your tattoo!) of October wedding fame. Maybe, if she's nice, she'll leave a comment about her quote, because, if there was a time when I knew, it isn't now. I do like the design and the font and such.

The dude was sitting in line with me at the U2 show back in September. It was a covert shot, actually, so I never bothered to ask him what it meant.

Isn't it great how I'm putting all these pictures up and not bothering to have any information about them?

Sorry. What can I say? I'm a photographer, not a journalist. Jim.


Dave

13 comments:

  1. lol! nice!
    it says "We're all mad here." but the "We're" is covered by my hair in this picture. It's from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.
    it is a subtle reminder to me that all of us, every single one, is a little bit mad.
    -Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. and i'm going mad myself trying to interpret "vive fidons". keep the tats coming .... --pop

    ReplyDelete
  3. The second pic is of Chad Arnold. Here's his blog -- http://cometoofar.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, amazing how the internet works. I just stumbled on Chad Arnold's blog, wondered what his tattoo meant, googled it, and found this blog. weird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA! I also am a reader of Chad's blog and also googled "Vive Fidons" to see what it meant and stumbled upon your blog.....anyone know what it means???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would ya believe it, same with me? I googled Chad's tatoo and... here I am. Let's start the fan club.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm amazed at how many folks are stumbling across my post now. Weeeeird.

    I have no problems with a fan club.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Add me to the list of people who are looking up Chad's tattoo and found this blog. Seriously, does anyone know what it means??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, not to jump on the band wagon here but I also came to this blog by looking up Chad's tattoo. I found his story on MSN today and decided to read his blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did the same thing. Searching Google came right to this site. Rest in Peace Ryan, and best wishes to Chad!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it means "long live the faithful"...

    ReplyDelete
  12. It means "Live Courageously".

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey this is Chad. it's actually Vive Fidens, and it means Live Fearlessly, or Courageously I guess, as posted above.

    Thanks for the best wishes guys. Good photos Dave!

    ReplyDelete