Sunday, July 5, 2009

Framed! Part 1



Back at ye olde Picture a Day, I was always keen on doing theme weeks. They kept things from getting too dull. So I was happy to finally get to start a theme around here. I don't know when the next installment will happen, though, so this will be a more sporadic theme.

Anyways. I'd been kicking this idea around for awhile. I think I stole it from Storm Thorgerson, actually. The idea was to create a couple things: a "self" portrait, since I let Kelly and Andrew pose themselves within the frame, and also a picture-in-picture kind of thing. It adds a nice layer or two of...something or other to the proceedings as well. I mean, is Kelly looking to the sky, or just as far as the top of the frame? And what about arms that breach the perimeter? We'll never know, I guess.

By the by, Kelly grabbed the flower of her own accord, and it was an excellent touch.

Dave

2 comments:

  1. color = teh winner.

    why does that man look like you?

    have you an alter ego?

    or an altered ego?

    gasp!

    smoore

    ReplyDelete
  2. That man doeS look like you. --Pop

    ReplyDelete